Welcome to fandom20in20
20 icons of your favorite fandom in 20 days.
Fandom is a term used to refer to a subculture composed of fans characterized
by a feeling of sympathy and camaraderie with others who share a common interest.
A fandom can grow up centered around any area of human interest or activity.
The subject of fan interest can be narrowly defined, focused on something like an individual celebrity,
or more widely defined, encompassing entire hobbies, genres or fashions. While it is now used to apply to groups of people
fascinated with any subject, the term has its roots in those with an enthusiastic appreciation for sports. (Wikipedia)
mod/owner: coloured_life and an_ardent_rain
banner makers: HERE always welcome =)
layout code by velvetb0x
profile code by coloured_life
idea from: whedon20in20, which spawned from celeb20in20
- wanna affiliate?
- promote the comm?
- wanna be a banner maker?
- any (theme) suggestions?
20in20friends anime20in20 dianna20in20 gaga20in20 ilove20in20 sanctuary20in20 sherlock20in20 slash20in20 whoverse20in20 whedon20in20 fandom20in20 @ dreamwidth
the_iconawards actress_ic greatbritain_ic katypicontest misfitsicontest rand_icontests karenstills skins_stills glambert_icons landofart tjr_challenges zauberkuenstler
Rules & challenge details
• You must be a member to sign-up.
• Please only sign up, if you really want to participate!
• Like I wrote at the top of the page you can make EVERY fandom to your claim at sign-ups! This includes movies, tv shows, mangas, chracters, celebs, photography, stock, fashion, etc.
• But you aren´t allowed to choose the same claim two rounds in a row, but every third one is okay.
• Every second round there will be a specific theme to sign-up with, e.g. ships, villains, movies, ...
• All icons must be new and specifically made for the current round.
• All icons must fit LJ standards (100x100 px and either .png, .jpg, .gif file format). ANIMATION IS NOT ALLOWED.
• Please keep the content of your icons at very most PG-13, no nudity, minor language is okay. If anything is bad, make sure you state so outside the cut.
• Do not post spoilery icons (even under a cut)
• If you fail to comply you will be asked to fix the issue, and if not fixed then your entries will not be submitted for voting.
• If you are participating in the challenge, please check out the other participants entries. I mean, you do want people to look at yours, so why wouldn't the other participants, too?
• After voting is over winners will be announced and will get a modified award.
• Themes: Each round you will be given 10 themes. Feel free to give suggestions at the suggestion post.
• Category: Each round you will be given a category theme where all 5 icons will have something in common.
• Artist's Choice: It´s free, you can do whatevery you want however it fits the rules!
• Put 3 teaser icons in your post. No more, no less.
• If you post at your journal/comm your entry must stay public until winners are announced! If not, your icons will not be included at voting.
• If you want a participation banner, you must write this outside of links / cuts.
• Members and non members can vote.
• Vote without bias (not while you like the artist or the claim which is choosen). The quality of the icon is what you're voting for, not which fandom or maker it is.
• Do not vote for yourself or ask others to vote for you.
• You will vote for each theme individually (only first places)
• You will vote for complete category / artist choice sets (1st to 3rd places)
• And you will vote for individual icons at category / artist choice (places indivdually, three to five per part)